10 Lines on Horse: The most beautiful and one of the strongest animals in the world to have been domesticated by human beings is a horse. They have been with human civilisation for thousands of years now. Horses have been used for various purposes including milk, meat, skin and they are also used in Army for attack and defence purposes during the war.
In this particular 10 lines on horse article, we shall be answering various questions such as what is a horse, how does a horse look, what are the different species of horse, what is the lifespan of a horse, how speed can a horse run, and many such questions for school children and college students for their essay writing competitions, homework and assignments.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Horse for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Horses one of the strongest domestic animals.
- A horse is used for various purposes such as entertainment, defence and poultry.
- Horses come in different sizes and colours and their colours vary from grey and white in different combinations.
- Horses are animals who eat at regular intervals usually in a gap of 2 hours.
- More than 300 horse breeds are known around the world.
- The average lifespan of a typical horse is 25 to 30 years depending on the species and breed.
- Horses usually eat dry grass, grains and straw and drinks gallons of water each day.
- Horses are used in sporting activities such as horse racing, horse Polo and equestrian.
- Because the horse can run extremely fast for long periods of time, they are used by the army for attacks and for policing purposes across the country.
- Mysore Palace in the southern state of Karnataka is known to use horse even today for vigilantism and policing purposes.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Horse for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Horses have been domesticated by human beings for more than 5 Millenials now.
- Stallion is used as a symbol of manhood and energy across the world.
- Mini leather products are made using horse skin and bones and they also have medicinal values that cure many diseases.
- One of the most recent uses of horses is their hairs which are used in the fashion and furnishing industry.
- Wild horses are those which are not artificially bread and roam free across grassland and forests.
- Human beings domesticate horses and the place where they are kept is known as stable.
- A group of horses is known as a team or herd
- Horses are herbivorous animals which eat only plants, fruits, vegetables, grasses and twigs.
- Soldiers ride horses on the battlefield and because of its fast movement, it gives them leverage against the enemy.
- Horses are one of those few animals which can sleep both lying down and standing up.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Horse for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The average speed of a horse is 88 kilometre per hour.
- Horses belong to eqqus genus and a taxonomic family is known as Equidae.
- The gestation period of a horse where is between 11 months to 13 months depending on the species of the horse as well as the health of the horse.
- Some of the most popular horse breeds are Arabian horse, American quarter horse, appaloosa and Clydesdale horse.
- Horses are known to have great senses and can sense movements around the one-kilometre area.
- Scientists can estimate a horse’s age by its teeth.
- World’s most popular breed also considered as the most beautiful breed is the American quarter horse.
- Horses are animals who live in the wild and domesticated horses usually feel alone and left out from their companions.
- It is said that wild horses live for more years than domesticated horses because horses are herd animals and they tend to be happy when they live with other horses.
- A male horse is known as the stallion, a female horse is known as a mare and a baby horse is known as a foal.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Horse
What is the average lifespan of a horse?
The average lifespan of a horse is around 25 years.
Which is the oldest horse in the world?
The oldest horse whose life span is of 62 years was the 19th Century horse called as old Billy.
How long are horses domesticated by human beings?
Horses have been domesticated by human beings for more than 5000 years.
What are the different uses of a horse?
For human beings, horses are used for entertainment, poultry and defence purposes but for the environment horses are important to maintain ecological balance in the food cycle.