10 Lines on Cat: One of the most cutest and adorable animals that are known to man is undoubtedly the cats. It is one of those few carnivorous animals which are domesticated by human beings for thousands of years now. Cats and dogs are the most popular pets in the world and cats originally belonged to the African wild cat.
In this particular article on 10 lines on cat in English, we shall be talking about the various aspects of cat such as what does a cat eat, what is the average lifespan of a cat, how many species of cats are there in the world, what is a female cat called, what is a male cat called, what are young cats called and how are cats important to human beings.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Cat for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Cats are carnivorous animals which are domesticated by human beings for more than 5000 years.
- Cats are very friendly pets that are domesticated by more than 40% of the households in the world.
- The average lifespan of a cat varies between 10 to 15 years.
- Young baby cats are known as kittens.
- According to scientists, more than 500 breeds of cats are known in the world.
- Tomcat is the term that is used to refer to male cat and Molly or queen is the term that is used to refer to female cats.
- Cats are furry animals that have got four legs and a tail.
- The sound a cat produces is called as meow, purr or hiss.
- A cat usually expresses love to their owners by making a sound or rolling on the floor.
- Cats are used by farmers to keep away rats, mice and other small animals from destroying their crops.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Cat for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Cats are the most domesticated animals in the world and have been man’s best friend for thousands of years
- Cats are found in almost all parts of the world.
- Even though cats are carnivorous animals, they are peace-loving and they usually keep to themselves quiet and calm.
- Cats have some really short nails and can attack anyone who tries to harm them
- Cats can jump as highest six to eight feet and always land on their feet without getting injured.
- On average, a cat gives birth to 4 to 8 kittens at a time.
- Certain cultures worship cat as god and build temples with cat statues.
- Cats are social animals in spite of being aggressive hunters.
- Cats are usually found near human settlements and they depend on human beings for food and shelter.
- The number of cats that are domesticated by human beings is only second to that of dogs.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Cat for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Cat is one of the oldest pets known that existed for more than ten thousand years.
- The longest cat ever is said to have length more than 48 inches.
- More than 70% of the time, out of the 24 hours in a day, cats spend the time sleeping.
- Maine coon cat is a particular species of domesticated cats which have long tails and longest bodies compared to other species.
- After monkeys and dogs, it was the cats who went to space in the year 1963 on October 18th.
- Astro Cat is the only cat in the world to ever go to space.
- Ancient Egyptians worshipped cats and considered cats as a family member and would weep and often shave their head and eyebrows to mourn their death.
- The domesticated cat shares more than 95% of their genetic structure with tigers.
- Cats can run with a speed of 30 to 35 km per hour which is as fast as the fastest man alive, Usain Bolt.
- In spite of been domesticated animals for entertainment purposes, cats are used for various activities in the scientific and agricultural fields.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Cat
What is the average lifespan of a cat?
The average lifespan of a cat varies between 12 to 16 years
How much does a cat weigh?
An adult cat weighs anywhere between 3 to 5 kgs
Are cats harmful?
Certain cats are known to harm human beings and kill them as an act of defence
How many species of wild cats are known to man?
Around 40 species of wild cats are known to man