10 Lines on Army Day: The Indian Army Day is celebrated every year on the 15th of January. This day is celebrated to commemorate late Lieutenant General KM Cariappa who was the first commander in chief of Indian army in the year 1949. Army Day is celebrated all across the country to pay tribute and gratitude to our brave soldiers in the front lines for protecting us from enemies. It goes without saying that the martyred soldiers are the greatest heroes of our country and it is only fair for us to show them the dignity and respect that they deserve.
In this particular 10 lines on our army article, we shall be answering some questions that one might have such as what is army Day, why is army Day celebrated, when is army Day celebrated, what is the significance of Army day and many more.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Army Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Army Day is celebrated on the 15th of January every year to commemorate the first Lieutenant General and army commander of Indian Army, General K M Cariappa.
- KM Cariappa led the Indian Army during the Indo Pakistan war of 1947.
- Born in a remote village in Karnataka, KM Cariappa was one of the greatest heroes of Indian Independence movement.
- Indian Army Day is also celebrated to pay tribute to the martyred soldiers in India.
- Army Day is celebrated in every headquarters of the Indian Army with various patriotic and nationalistic activities.
- In the recent past, to inculcate the values of sacrifice, valour and bravery for our children, army Day is celebrated in schools and colleges.
- In the capital of India New Delhi, Army Day celebrated by paying tribute to the soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate.
- On the 15th of January every year, a parade takes place across various military cantonments in India to showcase the technological advancement in the army.
- Medals of bravery and valour are given to the family members of the martyred soldiers on army day.
- The first woman officer of Indian Army, lieutenant Bhavana Kasturi was in charge of the Indian Army Day parade in the year 2019.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Army Day for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The Indian army Day parade showcases some of the greatest equipment that our defence system has such as Brahmos missile, Tejas aircraft, advanced light Helicopter and T 90 tanks.
- The President of India and the Prime Minister of India both paid tribute to the martyred soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti in India Gate on 15th of January every year.
- On the Indian army Day parade, Daredevil stunts are performed every year and the team of soldiers who perform it is known as daredevil team.
- Various award for bravery, valour and sacrifice is given to the soldiers of Indian Army which include Sena medal and vishisht Seva Medals.
- In the capital of India New Delhi, there is a dedicated Parade Ground for Indian Army Soldiers named after the first commanding officer of Indian Army, called as Cariappa Parade Ground.
- Many universities across India celebrate army Day by conducting various activities that enhance patriotism among students.
- VVIPS and VIPS who pay tribute to soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti are army Chief, Chief of Naval Staff and air chief marshal.
- There are more than 13,00,000 soldiers in our army.
- Indian Army is one of the top 5 largest armies in the world.
- The closest relatives of martyred soldiers are given medals and other awards on 15th of January every year.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Army Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Army Day marks the ultimate sacrifice of our soldiers to our motherland. Biggest voluntary military force in the world is the Indian Army.
- It goes without saying that our soldiers are the most important aspect of our country and without them, the country will never be as safe as it is now.
- Right from the Kargil War to Indo Pakistan war and Indo China war, it is our soldiers who were on the front lines and have made our country proud all over the world.
- The strong defence system which means a strong army, navy and Airforce has a direct impact on the foreign relations of a country.
- Given the strength of the Indian Army, the republic of India gains enormous leverage with respect to diplomatic relations around the world.
- Present Chief of Indian Army, Bipin Rawat attends the army parade in New Delhi on 15th of January 2020.
- There are many exams like NDA and CDS that one might give to get into Indian Army and fulfil their dreams of becoming a soldier.
- It is a matter of pride for the family members of the soldiers in the society, given the enormous sacrifice our soldiers make for their fellow countrymen.
- Indian Army is all about self-sacrifice and love for their country.
- Indian Army controls one of the highest battlefields of the world, Siachen Glacier, which more than 5000 metres above the sea level.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Army Day
Who is the chief of the Indian Army?
The current Chief of the Indian army in the year 2020 is General Manoj Mukund naravane
Which is the largest army in the world?
The Chinese army is the largest active military force in the world with military personnel of 2.18 million
Why is the Indian Army Day celebrated?
Indian Army Day is celebrated to commemorate the martyred soldiers over the years
Who is the commander in chief of Indian Army?
The commander in chief of Indian Army is the president of India and currently, the commander-in-chief is president Ram Nath Kovind