10 Lines on Armed Forces Flag Day: The flag day of India which is also commonly known as the Armed Forces Flag Day is a day that is dedicated towards collection of funds from Indian citizens for the welfare of the armed forces of the country.
In post-independent India, there was a need for the welfare of its defence personnel. Thus, on August 28, 1949, a committee was set up, which decided to observe a Flag Day annually. It was decided that December 7 will be considered as Armed forces Flag Day throughout the country. This initiative was undertaken by Jawaharlal Nehru, who was the then Prime Minister of the country.
On this day small flags are distributed among the citizens to collect donations for the Indian Army, The Indian Air force and The Indian Navy.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines On Armed Forces Flag Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Armed forces Flag Day is celebrated on December 7 every year.
- This day was first recognised in the year 1954
- On this day, we honour the contributions of the armed forces.
- It is a celebration to collect funds for defence welfare.
- It is a day to commemorate the martyrs and their families who have laid their lives for India.
- Fund collection by selling flags, batches, stickers etc.
- Flags of the colour red, deep blue and light blue are distributed.
- Each colour represents the three different defence teams, namely the Indian Army, the Air force and the Navy.
- The personnel also arrange various marches, carnivals and dramas to showcase their struggle.
- We, as responsible citizens should keep in mind this critical day and contribute wholeheartedly to the cause.
Set 2 – 10 Lines On Armed Forces Flag Day for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- There are a few occasions where we, as ordinary people, can commemorate the contributions of the soldiers who safeguard our lives every day.
- The flag day of India is one such day.
- It is a day for every Indian to appreciate the veteran military personnel and also to acknowledge those who died in service.
- The essential purpose of the day is to observe the problems of rehabilitation, the welfare of serving personnel and resettlement of ex-servicemen.
- The first Flag Day celebration took place in 1949.
- However, under the Defence Minister’s committee, in 1993 all the funds were consolidated to form the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund.
- The fund is collected throughout the country by the Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB).
- Each year, on this day, a two-minute silence is observed to honour the martyrs and their families.
- We, as citizens, by buying the different merchandise (flags, stickers, etc.) can contribute our small bit.
- It is an essential official day of our country and should be recognised by all citizens with respect.
Set 3 – 10 Lines On Armed Forces Flag Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- On August 1949 a committee was set up to provide support to the Indian militia. The plan was to collect small donations from the citizens. However, later it was recognised as the Armed Forces Flag Day from 1993 under the Ministry of Defence.
- Armed Forces Flag Day is an annual celebration in the memory of the sacrifices of the defence personnel of the country.
- It is a day organised by the Indian Army, the Indian Navy and the Indian Air force to aware the ordinary people about their hardships.
- Various problems such as rehabilitation, funding of the ex as well as present service members are tackled.
- It is a day to honour and commemorate the contributions of these brave hearts of the country.
- At the time of celebration, the general public and volunteers collect small donations from citizens by selling flags, batches and other items.
- The donation so collected is submitted for the welfare of our Soldiers.
- The staff of the Indian Military also arrange for various programmes such as marches, carnivals etc. to engage the audience.
- The fund collected is looked after by the local arms (KSB) which is a part of the Ministry of Defence.
- Hence, December 7 is an essential day in the history of our country.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Armed Forces Flag Day
How can I contribute to the Arms Forces Flag Day?
One can easily contribute to Flag Day by merely transferring money or donating through online transactions. These donations are exempted from Income Tax and let one express their gratitude towards the Indian Militia.
When and where was the Flag Day observed?
On December 7 every year, Flag Day is observed in all parts of India.
Under whose guidance is Flag Day celebrated?
Flag Day is a celebration under the guidance of the Ministry of Defence.
Why do we celebrate Armed Forces Flag Day?
It is a yearly celebration to appreciate the efforts of the Indian Militia.