10 Lines on World Sight Day: Annually, the global people celebrate World Sight Day on the second Thursday of October. This event is a global one that aims at drawing attention towards vision impairment and Blindness. Lions Club International’s SightFirstCampaign originally initiated the event in 2000.
Further, the entire occasion got transformed into VISION 2020 that IAPB (International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness) coordinated with WHO’s assistance (World Health Organization).
Eyesight and eye health play a vital role in one’s life, and World Sight Day is the perfect occasion to spread awareness about the entire aspect and its importance. This also aims at promoting the need of better eye care services for the global people. On this particular occasion, Lions Club conducts some sight-related projects across the World, like the education schemes for better eye health, donations of eyeglasses, restorative surgeries, screening of vision, and donating other assistive devices for the people suffering from some vision impairment issues.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Sight Day for kids
Here is a list of 10 best lines on World Sight Day for the students of class 1st to 5th:
- The second Thursday of October is dedicated to World Sight Day.
- The day aims at spreading awareness about eye health and eye care services. It is essential to take care of the eyes.
- Eyes play a vital role in one’s lives, and World Sight day draws attention towards Blindness and other visual impairment issues.
- Several entities celebrate the day by donating the needful items to the people having any visual impairment problems.
- This is a global event that focuses on a world-wide issue of Blindness and other eyesight related issues.
- The occasion aims to spread awareness among the people about the prevention measures and treatments of loss of vision issues.
- This global occasion also focuses on the government’s pledges to ensure better eye care services and other prevention and treatment facilities for eyesight issues.
- Statistics reveal that around 80% of cases of visual Impairment and Blindness are avoidable.
- This is because 20% of the cases are preventable, and 60% are treatable for restoring the proper eyesight.
- Treating and preventing vision loss is one of the most successful and cost-effective methods among all the other health interventions.
Set 2 – 10 lines of World Sight Day for School Children
Here is a list of 10 lines on World Sight Day for the students of classes 5th to 8th:
- Every year people cheerfully celebrate World Sight Day on Second Thursday of October.
- Every five-second, a person goes blind, and every minute a child goes blind. This occasion of World Sight Day is there to address all such cases.
- Poverty and lack of better eye care services are the two primary reasons behind Blindness and visual impairment challenges, and this day is to spread awareness about the same.
- Launched in 1999, The Right to Sight movement of VISION 2020, is the step taken to eliminate the avoidable and preventable Blindness by the end of 2020 for achieving better development.
- International Agency for Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) and the World Health
- Organization combinedly started VISION 2020.
- Several governmental and non-governmental organizations, including the institutes, schools, and other prominent bodies, take several measures to address Blindness and Visual Impairment issues.
- VISION 2020 targets five leading causes of preventable Blindness, including Cataract, Trachoma, Low Vision, Onchocerciasis, and refractive errors.
- Childhood and adult blindness issues, both are addressed in the events held at this occasion to ensure better eye care. This day targets the global issue of Blindness and globally raises public awareness for treating and preventing loss of vision.
- All the involved bodies of the events also organize several events on this day for the benefits of those suffering from eyesight related issues and blindness problems.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on World Sight Day for Higher Class Students
Here is a list of top 10 lines on World Sight Day for the students of classes 9th to 12th:
- Annually, we celebrate World Sight Day on October’s second Thursday for becoming more determined and aware towards ensuring the right to sight for everyone.
- This day also focuses on the government’s pledges and promises for increasing health service to prevent and treat Blindness.
- The day aims at spreading awareness about the access to top eye care services and methods for preventing visual Impairment and blindness causes.
- Apart from spreading awareness about the blindness issues, this day also aims to gather support from several people and organizations to ensure the right to sight for all.
- VISION 2020, Right to Sight initiative started in association with IAPB and WHO for targeting five significant causes of Blindness and raise public awareness on the issue.
- VISION 2020 makes the best use of the day to influence several governmental bodies and ministries to participate in national blindness prevention plans.
- Several people also celebrate the day by raising funds for the people who have Blindness and visual impairment problems and not getting proper assistance and healthcare facilities.
- Inability to properly can adversely affect people’s lives, their relationships, and their career, and thus this day spreads awareness about all the preventable scenarios of loss of vision.
- With World Sight Day, each of us must take a pledge to help at least one person suffering from any eyesight related issue and help them have better eyesight, thus a better lifestyle.
- One must successfully implement VISION 2020 on World Sight Day’s special occasion with good collaboration and commitment to ensure sustainable eye care and rehabilitation systems globally.
FAQ’s on World Sight Day
What is the blind day?
Blind Day is the other name for World Sight Day. It is celebrated on second Thursday of October annually by the global folks. The day focuses mainly on visual impairment and blindness issues, their causes, prevention, and treatment to ensure sight for all.
Are Blindness and visual Impairment same or two different aspects?
Visual Impairment and Blindness are two different scenarios. Visual Impairment is the decrease in the capability to see up to a certain degree, causing problems. This is fixable temporarily using the glasses. On the other hand, Blindness is the state of complete loss of vision due to any disease, injury, or genetic problem.
What is World Sight Day 2020’s theme?
This year, World Sight Day took place on 8th October 2020. The theme for this year’s celebrations was ‘Hope in Sight.’ As unveiled by the latest surveys, around 1 billion global people have some preventable visual impairment or any other eyesight related issue that is yet not addressed.
How can we celebrate World Sight Day?
The best ways to celebrate World Post Day are:
- Spreading awareness via social media. You can use several social media handles and platforms to spread awareness about the importance of eyesight and eye care services.
- Holding a donation. This is another fantastic way of celebrating World Sight Day. We can hold some donation events to donate the essential items for the needy people.
- Join the World Sight Day Challenge. You can join Optometry Giving Sight, a universal non-profit event for funding the vision care projects.