10 Lines on World Post day: Globally, World Post Day is celebrated on 9th October, every year. The day is a special occasion that also serves as the Universal Postal Union (UPU)’s anniversary. UPU started initially in 1874 from Switzerland. UPU also marked the beginning of the universal revolution of communication, with an introduction of the ability to write letters to other people residing in the other parts of the World and at a more considerable distance from us.
Started in 1969, World post Day is the essential; day to celebrate the importance of the postal services, and how they eased up the entire communication process in the earlier days.
On 9th October, many other things also occurred in the past years. Some bigger and older post offices of different nations also hold some impressive collections of the stamps. On this occasion, they hold the stamp exhibitions and workshops to spread awareness about the history of the postal factors. Additionally, UPU also organizes letter-writing competitions for younger people in several parts of the World.
Postal systems are in use for several centuries now, and people have been indulged in the activity of sending letters for years now. Previously, special messengers were hired for sending the letters by covering the distance on foot or via horses. In the early 1600s, the first national postal systems began in many parts of the World, and these came out as more organized and structured organizations with many people having the facility to use them.
Slowly, people started showing the interests of exchanging mails at the international level. Further, by late 1800s, a global postal service set up that was initially a bit slow and complicated. UPU’s birth in 1874 paved the way for efficient postal services that are presently available. Later, in 1948, UPU also became the agency for the United Nations.
In 1969, 9th October first got declared as World Post Day at the UPU Congress in Japan’s Tokyo. Indian delegation’s member, Shri Anand Mohan Narula, first proposed the system, and after then World Post Day is celebrated globally for highlighting postal services’ importance.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Post Day for kids
Here are top 10 lines on World Post Day for the kids of class 1st to 5th:
- 9th October is celebrated globally as World Post Day, and it started initially in 1969.
- The day is dedicated to honouring the first service that ever worked for bringing people closer irrespective of their distance.
- Word mail of postal services comes from a word of Medieval English that refers to the pack or bag of travellers.
- The usage of ZIP (Zone Improvement Plan) codes began first in 1963 with the functioning of postal services.
- Postal services play a vital role in the individual as well as business purposes.
- Postal service is the best communication service that links friends and families together.
- People can arrange several events to honour the service and its workers.
- Many post offices often celebrate world Post day by hosting exhibitions for older postal stamps.
- People must spread awareness about the history and importance of postal services.
- Postal services went through various transformations to reach the present stage.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on World Post Day for School Children
Here is a list of the best lines on World Post Day for youngsters of class 6th to 8th:
- Postal services are essential in the period of pandemic too for assisting all the social and financial services.
- In 1969, Universal Postal Congress declared the World Post Day in Tokyo, for celebrating the anniversary of Universal Post Union.
- The primary role that this day plays is of spreading awareness about the importance of posts and postal services.
- People can celebrate World Post Day by organizing some events or collecting funds for creating a better version of the service.
- The global postal networks went through centuries of transformations to reach the present version of it.
- Postal services are the best and most usable source of communication that started very first and is still in use.
- It is only because of the role that the post offices play that the entire World connects for several personal and business needs.
- We must spread awareness about the importance of postal services in our communities and groups.
- We must adequately utilize the day for respecting the postal services that bring all of us together.
- Postal services are also considered as an essential element in the development of the right communication infrastructure for the World.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on World Post Day for Higher Class Students
Given below are some sentences on World Post day for the students of classes 9th to 12th:
- A member of the Indian delegation, Shri Anand Mohan Narula, first declared the concept of postal services in the UPU Congress meet of 1969, and since then 9th October is marked as World post day.
- Started with the pigeons serving as the mail transferors, and then the hiring of the personal messengers for postal services, the global postal services went through transformations in several centuries to reach the present version.
- Present-day mail system of the internet is still not comparable to the postal services as the internet has some drawbacks of destroying lives that are unavailable in postal services.
- The global communication network infrastructure rapidly transformed and enhanced because of the existence of postal services.
- Spreading awareness about the history and importance of postal services is vital, and we must always respect the people employed with postal services which make it easier for us to communicate with people through mail systems.
- Sending posts and letters are the best way to reach anywhere and emotionally communicate with people, without actually moving out of the houses.
- Postal workers go through a lot of hardships while travelling to transfer the posts, and thus they must also get the recognition and respect that they deserve.
- Postal services are vital as the posts and letters still leave a different impact on the receivers, even in the modern digital World.
- Postal services played a vital role earlier for the growth and development of social and economic causes.
- Several global nations celebrate World Post Day in different manners, and people often use the occasion for introducing newer advancements and products in the postal services.
Frequently Asked Questions on World Post Day
Why do we celebrate World Post Day?
The primary purpose of celebrating World Post Day is to create awareness about the role of postal services in the personal and professional lives of people. It is also for spreading awareness about the importance of postal services in business growths and the part that it plays for a country’s social and economic growth.
How is World Post Day celebrated?
On the occasion of World Post Day, people send some letters and posts to their loved ones, friends, and family members. Universal Postal Union also works on its end for taking some initiatives to make the mail system a better version for everyone. Some more extensive and older postal services also hold exhibitions and awareness campaigns on the day.
Explain the meaning of World Post Day.
The primary purpose of World Post Day is to spread awareness about the role that several entities of postal services play for the growth and development of various people and businesses, and the part that postal services play for the economic and social development of the nations.